NEWS February 2012
Hello and welcome! As we artists and art appreciators dig out from under the recession,
we're excited to get back outside and paint, visit the galleries and museums, and generally
enjoy life again. It feels so good!
I'm especially excited to introduce several new opportunities for you. Many of you have
asked if I have Giclee prints available. As of now, yes I do! These are archival, high
quality reproductions printed on canvas or artist paper and delivered to your door. You'll
find them on the "Prints" tab.
Many of you have asked when I will offer portraits. The answer is now! You will find a
new, affordable type of portrait in my Extempore section.
And many artists have asked if I teach workshops other than my ongoing weekday classes.
This year I have four workshops planned, three of them on weekends. The summer workshop
will take place at a beautiful seaside location near theoldest art colony in the US.
Check out the "workshops" tab!
And be sure to come to my Music City Paintout this spring, right in the beating heart of
This promises to be a year of renewal and refreshment. I can hardly wait to get outside
with my paints. Would you join me?
A LIST OF PAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- 2001 Finalist, The Copley Society
- 2002 Small Works, The Copley Society
- 2003 Award, Central South Exhibit
- 2004 People's Choice Award, Central South Exhibit
- 2004 Two person Exhibit, Parthenon Arts Center
- 2005 Signature Status, CSAE
- 2006 Award of Merit, TAL Chestnut Group Exhibit
- 2007 Feature Article, American Artist Workshop Magazine
- 2009 Full color book and bound DVD series, "Learn and Master Painting with Gayle Levee"
- 2008 Group Show, Radnor Lake
- 2008 Group Exhibit, Tennessee State Museum
- 2009 Group show, The Land Trust for Tennessee
- 2009 Two-person Exhibit, Vanderbilt University
- 2010 Vice President, The Chestnut Group
- 2010 Group Show, Columbia Main Street
- 2010 Faculty Exhibit, The Centennial Club
- 2011 President, The Chestnut Group
- 2011 Group Show, Cummins Falls
- 2011 Group Show, Franklin Trust
- 2011 Group Show, Blue Moon, The Land Trust for Tennessee
- 2011 Finalist, Fine Art Studio Online
- 2010 Purchase Award, Middle Tennessee Medical Center
- 2010 Permanent Exhibit Christ Church Nashville
- 2011 Permanent Exhibit Christ Church Nashville
- 2012 Featured on Middle Tennessee Medical Center Permanent Collection Calendar
- 2011 Featured Parade of Homes, Nashville
Prior to 2000:
- Juried Exhibition, Mystic River Art Fair, Mystic Connecticut
- Juried Exhibition, Whistler Museum, Lowell Massachusetts (award)
- Juried Exhibition, Art in the Round Barn, Vermont (award)
- Juried Exhibition, OYO show, Denver Colorado (award)